At Human Hotel, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Last Updated: December 20, 2018
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to email@example.com.
WHO ARE WE?
We’re Human Hotel, an online community in which our members (registered users) can find great shared-accommodation options, social and professional connections, and work-related opportunities among like-minded and creative people.
Human Hotel is a registered company in Denmark (IVS) co-owned by William R. Rawlings, Sixten Kai Nielsen and Martin Rosengaard. Our office is located at Prags Boulevard 49E, Copenhagen S 2300, Denmark, and you’re welcome to drop by and say hi.
HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOU?
We obtain information about you when you use our website, when you contact us about products and services, or if you register to receive our newsletter and other notifications.
WHAT TYPE OF INFORMATION IS COLLECTED FROM YOU?
In order to facilitate certain services on the Website, Human Hotel may collect personal information about you, such as your full name, email address, and phone number.
Human Hotel may also collect usage data, such as your IP address, URL request, browser type, and the date and time of a request. We may use such information to analyze trends, administer the site, and gather broad demographic information.
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, if you create or log into your Human Hotel account through a third-party social networking site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, profile picture, connections and other account information in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such third-party social networking site.
HOW IS YOUR INFORMATION USED?
When you join Human Hotel, you are initially asked for your full name, email (and password). We prefer that this information is true to your identity and not fake seeing our business and community relies on a fair amount of trust.
Part of our registration completion process includes data points that help us verify that you’re a real person and for us to personally vet you.
Once you’ve completed your profile, you will be able to send booking requests to fellow hosts and become a host yourself.
We may use your information to:
- Process a booking request;
- Notify alternative suitable hosts about your booking request;
- Offer to feature your work on our Instagram account and/or other medias;
- Send you notifications about work-related opportunities;
- Seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
- Notify you of changes to our services;
- Send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about campaigns, offers, activities and/or promotions of our associated companies goods and services.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not share personal information about you with third parties except as follows:
- In specific instances when you provide your consent to have your information shared as part of Human Hotel services;
- Human Hotel staff have access to your personal information to the extent necessary to facilitate the services of the Human Hotel;
- With third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out their work for us; (see Third Party Disclosure section below)
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
OWNERSHIP OF INFORMATION
You fully own any content that you submit to our website and services including images, sounds, videos and other media that you upload. By doing so, you certify that you are authorized to license said content to our website and services unless explicitly said not to.
We store the data as long as you are a member of Human Hotel. If we stumble upon some work of yours that we find interesting and relevant to use, we will come to you first to ask for your consent to use it and compensate you for it if necessary. We are constantly trying to support your work and promote your practice in any way possible.
PROTECTION OF INFORMATION
Your personal information is encrypted and kept safe behind secured networks and is only accessed by a limited number of trusted persons who have administrative rights to our systems. They are required to keep the information confidential.
- PASSWORD ENCRYPTION: We are using bcrypt library which is claimed to one of the best library to encrypt password.
- .ENV FILE: .env file is a hidden file where we keep all the sensitive data like Stripe secret key. This file is only accessible by the root user and no one can access this file in the frontend
- JWT TOKEN: We are using JWT token to securely identify each user of the platform with a secret key.
- SOURCE CODE: Since we use Nodejs that doesn’t require all the source code to be available on the server to run the website.
GDPR & PECR
Human Hotel handles all data according to international standards, and we are compliant with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) of the European Union and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR).
THIRD PARTY DISCLOSURE
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
Third Party Service Providers working on our behalf: We may pass your information to our third party service providers, agents subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf.
However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes. Please be reassured that we will not release your information to third parties beyond the Human Hotel network for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes, unless you have requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
FACEBOOK & GOOGLE INTEGRATIONS
Our website and services may offer login and social sharing features or other integrated tools (such as Facebook, Google Maps, Twitter, etc.), which let you login into your account and/or share actions you take with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of certain information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with that third party service provider.
For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social login portals and social sharing features or other integrated tools, please visit the privacy policies of the third parties that provide these social sharing features.
USE OF ‘COOKIES’
Cookies are small text files that the Website can send to your browser for storage on your computer.
Our web site may also use Hotjar web site recording service. Hotjar may record mouse clicks, mouse movements, page scrolling and any text keyed into website forms. Data collected by Hotjar is for Human Hotel’s internal use only. The information collected is used to improve our website usability and is stored and used for aggregated and statistical reporting. To read more on Hotjar’s privacy policies, please visit https://www.hotjar.com/legal/policies/privacy.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
In addition, if you linked to our website from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site.
TRANSFERRING YOUR INFORMATION OUTSIDE OF EU
As part of the services offered to you through this website, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”). By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside of the EU. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the DK. By submitting your personal data, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy.
If you use our services while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services.
REMOVE YOUR INFORMATION
We store your personal information until your account is deleted, deactivated or you make a request to have it removed. You can terminate your account or have your information removed by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or visiting the
You can, at any time, change your notifications settings by going to your Notifications page in your Account Settings. You can also opt-out of (unsubscribe from) emails, by following the instructions at the bottom of each email. Your data will then be erased, and your subscription will be updated.