Hasselback Potato Bites
Serve as casual finger food, a side dish, or as a starter.
- 1 kg washed small potatoes
- 400g bacon, cut into 4 cm slices
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
Cream cheese & Chive Sauce
- 250ml milk
- 250g cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 60g fresh chives, chopped, extra for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 220°C.
2. Using a sharp knife, make crosswise cuts in each potato, about 3mm apart, stopping about 6mm from the bottom. TIP – place the potato between two wooden spoons when chopping and the spoons will prevent you from accidentally cutting all the way through.
3. Mix together melted butter, minced garlic, and minced parsley.
4. Brush on the potato. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Insert a few slices of bacon into the middle section of slots in the sliced potato.
6. Transfer the potatoes to the oven and bake until the outsides are browned and crisp, about 30-40 minutes, basting with more butter if needed.
7. In a sauce pan, combine the milk, cream cheese, salt, and pepper. Heat and stir until well-combined and smooth.
8. Add in the chopped chives to the cream cheese sauce.
9. Stir and pour over the crispy potatoes. Add extra chives for garnish.
Eager to try more?
FINGER FOOD10 minVegan Easy8 servingsBalsamic BruschettaThat's [bru-SKET-tah] not [bru-SHET-tah]! Warm toasted bread with a hint of garlic and delicious fresh tomatoes and herbs. Serve as casual...
FINGER FOOD 15 min Omnivore Easy4 servingsCharcuterie Board.Ingredients Crackers Bread Olives Nuts of your choice (e.g. walnuts, pecan nuts, peanuts) Cheeses of your choice (e.g. camembert,...