Gỏi cuốn // Summer Rolls
Delicious, full of nutrients, and very easy to prepare. Have everyone bring a different filling for a structured potluck. The fillings below are just suggestions, feel free to get creative!
- Dry rice paper sheets
- Marinated fried tofu strips
- Lime and garlic fried shrimps
- Spring onions
- Mandolin sliced cabbage
- Thai basil
- Fresh mint
- Pickled red onions
- Fresh chillies
- Vermicelli rice noodles or glass noodles
- Bean sprouts
- Red/yellow/green peppers
- 7 tablespoon peanut butter (or other nut butter or tahini)
- 4 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 4 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon rice syrup (or maple syrup, agave or honey)
- 2 limes squeezed
- 2 teaspoon garlic finely chopped or grated
- 2 teaspoon ginger finely chopped or grated
- 4 tablespoon coriander finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh chilli finely chopped
1. Everyone can prepare a couple of fillings at home, or you can do it together around the table. Everything should be chopped as finely as possible into strips to make the rolls easier to make. The vegetables are delcious raw.
1. Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl until smooth and creamy.
You can all make these together at the table whilst eating.
1. Place a couple of large plates or bowls filled with cold water on the table. Warm water will cook the rice paper too quickly and make it difficult to roll.
2. Submerge a sheet of rice paper in the cold water for 10-20 seconds. The paper will still feel a little crispy when you take it out but will soften up whilst it lies on your plate. If you leave them in the water any longer the sheets will become too soft and will tear when you try to roll them.
3. Place the sheet on your plate, smear it with a little sauce and then add your fillings of choice and some herbs. Don’t over fill the sheet or you won’t be able to close it. You can always make more!
Eager to try more?
POTLUCK 20 min/dishVeganEasy3 servingsPitas with Mushroom Shawarma.IngredientsMushroom Shawarma 4 tbsp olive oil 1 big onion, chopped 500g oyster mushrooms, sliced 2 garlic cloves 1 tsp cumin 1 tsp...
MAIN DISH60 min VeganEasy4 servingsRoasted CauliflowerWith HUMMUS and TABBOULEH saladIngredientsRoasted Cauliflower 1 big cauliflower 5 tablespoons of olive oil 4 cloves garlic 1 teaspoon smoked...
MAIN DISH60 minVeganEasy4 servingsRatatouille PastaPasta with baked vegetablesIngredients 4 tablespoon olive oil 2 red onions, cut into wedges 4 cloves garlic, sliced 4 red bell peppers, cut in big...