That’s [bru-SKET-tah] not [bru-SHET-tah]!
Warm toasted bread with a hint of garlic and delicious fresh tomatoes and herbs. Serve as casual finger food or as a starter.
- Sliced ciabbatta or crusty bread
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
- handful of chopped fresh basil
- 30g Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon good quality balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 200C. Brush bread slices on both sides lightly with 1 tablespoon oil and place on large baking sheet. Toast bread until golden, 5 to 10 minutes, turning halfway through.
2. Meanwhile, toss together tomatoes, basil, Parmesan cheese, and garlic in a bowl. Mix in balsamic vinegar, 2 teaspoons olive oil, salt, and pepper.
3. Spoon tomato mixture onto toasted bread slices and serve immediately.
Eager to try more?
Hasselback Potato Bites
FINGER FOOD40 min Omnivore Easy8 servingsHasselback Potato Bites Serve as casual finger food, a side dish, or as a starter. Ingredients 1 kg washed small potatoes 400g bacon, cut into 4 cm slices...
FINGER FOOD 15 min Omnivore Easy4 servingsCharcuterie Board.Ingredients Crackers Bread Olives Nuts of your choice (e.g. walnuts, pecan nuts, peanuts) Cheeses of your choice (e.g. camembert,...