Roasted red pepper, sweet potato and paprika soup
A delicious winter warmer. Serve as a starter or a main with a salad on the side and some crusty sourdough.
- 2 sweet potatos, roughly chopped into dice with the skin still on
- 2 red pepper, de-seeded and cut into chunks
- 2 red onion, peeled and cut into chunks
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 tsp smoked paprika
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 400ml coconut milk
- 400ml vegtable stock
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tsp maple syrup
1. Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Put the sweet potato, pepper, onion and garlic on a baking tray. Sprinkle with the paprika and seasoning, then drizzle with the oil. Toss together. Roast for 30 mins or until beginning to brown.
2. Tip the roasted vegetables into a blender (or use a stick blender) with the coconut milk, stock, sriracha and maple syrup. Whizz until smooth. Pour back into the pan and heat until piping hot. Check for seasoning. Serve with soda bread or toasted sourdough.
Eager to try more?
FINGER FOOD 15 min Omnivore Easy4 servingsCharcuterie Board.Ingredients Crackers Bread Olives Nuts of your choice (e.g. walnuts, pecan nuts, peanuts) Cheeses of your choice (e.g. camembert,...
Tofu & Pomegranate Salad
MAIN DISH15 minVeganEasy4 servingsTofu & Pomegranate SaladEasy to cook but big on flavour. Boost the spices up a few notches if you want to feel the heat.Ingredients 250g fresh baby spinach 5...